I flourish through signs
I am Alexis Larinda Carney (Lexie). I am a 27 year old Hard of Hearing singer, marketer, and writer (creative producer). The first person in my family to graduate college, I put together a team to promote sustainable art.
Deaf Child's mission: make music, bring people together, support communities. Deaf Child is my DBA. The name comes from my complete Deaf Gain in my left ear (partial Deafness in right) since birth. I don't understand speech very well.
I earned my Bachelor of Science from Loyola University New Orleans in Music Industry Studies plus Business Administration. I study how people find, interpret, then act on different forms of communication (semiotics). Music and sign language are my preferred communication methods. I currently wear hearing aids.
It takes a village! Shah produces electronic music, plus previously ran a sound rental company. Cristina is not only a sales consultant, but also a Deaf mother of five. She is an advocate for Deaf Culture and ASL access.
Deaf Child's work would not be possible without love from friends and family.
DBA Deaf Child since January 2013
Tech since August 2015
Sales since January 2017
Guest Blog by Deaf Child October 2018
Interviewed by 365 New Orleans April 2019
Interviewed for Member Monday February 2020
Online Payments and Financial Support:
• Cash App $AlexisLarinda
• PayPal via email@example.com
• Venmo @Alexis-Carney
60 Hour Marketing Challenge | February 2021
Cheap $hit | May 2021
Street Team Secrets | May 2021
Interviews about Deaf Child:
• Be New Orleans | 365 New Orleans: Deaf Child | April 2019
• DeafandHOH.com | Member Monday | February 2020
Big Easy Magazine | The Heart of Business is Femininity | October 2018
Interviews by Deaf Child:
• Paris M. Hatcher | How Artists Influence Communities | September 2018
• Monalicious (Mona Magno) of FreeMusicForFreePeople (FM4FP) | How Artists Influence Communities | September 2019
• Karen Lozinksi | How Artists Influence Communities | March 2018
• What's Nola Doing? | Admin | October 2017
• Marketing Mondays Meetup | Admin | February 2021
A pixel in the bigger picture:
• BuzzFeed | 28 Reasons why New Orleans Rules all Year Long | May 2013
• Nola.com | Engage Don't Rage: More than 1000 March Peacefully in New Orleans to Protest White Supremacy | August 2017
• Jazz and Heritage Fest | Sync Up Conference Participants | January 2018
• From L.A. to N.O.L.A. | Krewes of Babylon and Muses Parades 2019 | March 2019
• Very Local New Orleans | Photos: Marching Krewes Dance to get the Blood Flowing, Literally | August 2019
• From L.A. to N.O.L.A. | Krewe of Tucks Parade 2020 | February 2020
Cassidy Bowers • Christina Duggar • Eyona Nelson • Hillary Marzook • Justine Bowers • Katalina Rodriguez • Larinda Payne • Lisbeth Angel • Nelson Smith Sr • Rachelle Lauricella • Rolita Goodrich • Ruby Mata
Projects made possible by:
Adiéallā Éyaht Soho • Andrew Potthast • Chris Henry of J-Ink • Claire Rayes • Cristina • Coby Photography (The Devil Has a Camera) • Danielle Elaina • Dem Roach Boyz • Give A Beat • Head Grenade Sound Reinforcement • Jeff Pounds • JGBCB • Julie Do • Karen Lozinski • Katie Sikora • Kristin Cortez • Lea Leone • Leonie Holley • Leslie Heindel • Lyndz Carney • Ma & God • Machine Kid • Mario Palmisano • Marissa Altazan • Maya Jevans • Monalicious (FM4FP) • Monica Kelly Studio • Nemes • Niklas Stadler • Nolan Storey • Orleans Public Defenders • Pamela Blackmon (Funk Baby) • Paper Bison • Paris Hatcher • Rose Doucet • Sarah Ristano • Schuyler Pursell • Seth Scott • Shah (+ as Seriously Sik, The DabMaster, & DabMaster Flex) • Spamm Kidd • Tracy Gear of Treme Coffeehouse • Vibe Doctors • Whitness This • You